If an individual has developed wisdom teeth, the possibility related to the removal of the wisdom might get necessitated at a certain period in his life. But how is the wisdom teeth removed?
If you are keen to know about the removal of the wisdom teeth, here is the procedure that takes you through the removal of wisdom teeth.
- When the apt sedation method becomes effective, the procedure related to the numbing of the tissues and tooth, where the wisdom teeth gets located in the mouth's area, gets done by the dentist, along with the services of a local anesthetic. Additional x-rays, if needed will get taken during this course.
- The surgical part begins after complete numbness is experienced, and after additional x-rays is taken. The gum tissue that covers the area pertaining to the wisdom tooth is removed. If it is an impacted tooth, an incision is performed on the gum tissue for accessing the tooth. A surgical instrument is used to push the gum tissue to make the tooth visible. In case of bone partially covering the wisdom tooth, drilling gets done through the high-speed hand piece, as the bone that covers the tooth gets removed. If the eruption of the wisdom tooth gets experienced already, the connective tissue found around that of the wisdom tooth is loosened by the dentist.
- When the dentist is able to view the wisdom tooth, the wisdom tooth is loosened from that of the connective tissues fund in the tooth's socket through the means of many surgical types of equipment. The dentist may at times feel the need to cut the tooth prior to the teeth getting removed.
- When the wisdom tooth becomes loose or gets sectioned, it can be removed. With surgical equipments meant to remove the teeth, the dentist removes the wisdom tooth.
- The dentist now makes use of stitches for closing the area that had previously been occupied by the teeth. In case of impacted wisdom teeth getting removed surgically, this method gets opted, or this method is opted in cases where the dentist feels necessary to pave way for better healing in patients.
- Apart from the gauze in small amount, to be bitten down by you, post-operative instructions are given to you by the dentist.